Thursday, December 16, 2010

I hope major designers are battling to design MY wedding dress one day

I am wildly fascinated by Kate Middleton. Maybe it has something to do with the whole future princess/Queen of England thing.
My relationship with her has been tumultuous, as I at first regarded her with great disdain for stealing my future husband and ruining my dreams of becoming a princess.
Then, I grew fond of her and William and was a huge champion of their relationship. I love that she is a commoner (albeit a fabulously rich one). Take that, blue blooded hussies!

Anyway, in light of their impending nuptials, the world's major designers are all vying for the opportunity to design her wedding dress. Lucky much?

Here are my faves:


Monique Lhuillier




Valentino


This is probably my absolute favorite. Just look at it!! I want to snatch it out of the screen.





Alberta Feretti
 

Vera Wang


 So where's my wedding invitation, Kate?? If I can't actually have one of these dresses, I should at least be able to gawk at it in person. Just sayin'.

3 comments:

Caroline at Her Own Eden said...

the Valentino is my favorite too.... ugh can you please get engaged relatively soon so I can live vicariously through you? (that's the first time I've ever asked that so I'm not annoying yet) :)

Natalie said...

These dresses are GORGeous, I can't wait for the royal wedding. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, yours is adorable!

Katie in Colors said...

OMFG...are we the same person? Seriously...a tiny piece of 15 year old me died inside when they announced their engagement. But I was happy at the same time, because I do like her, and I've basically followed their entire relationship. But 15 year old me had this magnificient urge to write him a letter expressing my love for him because I just KNEW I wanted to marry him...girls are really, they are so dumb...for real (per antoine). Luckily, I came down from the clouds at some point, probably when I realized boys are jerks ;)

But her being a commoner is perfect. I'm basically counting down the days until the wedding and have even considered taking the day off to watch any television programming that may accompany the day's events. So pathetic.

And the dress, don't even get me started on the excitement building inside of me on that one.

I predict a lesser-known designer, like Diana did, who will catapult to fame.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...