Our time in Vegas was a fun-filled three days.
If you and your girlfriends don't take some sort of annual trip, I suggest you start now!
We're already talking about tentative plans in Key West next year.
Vegas was much different than what I was expecting.
Here is what I learned:
1. There are not Elvis impersonators on every corner.
2. Nor are there hookers.
3. It is incredibly fancy.
4. Everything is HUGE.
5. The Strip is much bigger than it looks.
6. Being female is useful.
7. Everything costs more.
8. People there are really nice.
9. It is not unusual for parents to have their babies/toddlers/small children out on the Strip at 12 am.
10. If you hate gambling, you might have a hard time finding something to do in the wee hours of morning.
I must confess, I thoroughly enjoyed Vegas, but I didn't LOVE it.
Meaning, I definitely want to go back one day, but I won't cry my eyes out if it's not something I do every year. Personally, I'm more of a New Orleans kind of girl.
What made this trip were the friends.
I think we learned a lot about ourselves.
We went in to this trip expecting to dance drunkenly on tables and stay out well past sunrise.
Maybe it's good that we realized we're not 21 anymore.
And you know what? I'm fine with that.
In its own way, this trip surpassed expectations and turned out better than what I originally intended it to be.
We're growing up, y'all!
I already can't wait for Girls Trip 2012!