Monday, July 11, 2011

A cinematic weekend

The recurring theme in my weekend seemed to be movie watching.
Aside from reuniting with a long lost friend and doing some [unsuccessful] Vegas jewelry shopping, my weekend was completely lazy. Just the way I like weekends to be!

I believe the films I watched truly showcase my wide range of tastes.

MOVIE #1: Larry Crowne
Overall, I really liked this. Tom Hanks is one of my faves [Forrest Gump...you forever have my heart], and Julia Roberts was excellent. She plays kind of a bitch, which actually suited her well. It was quirky and cute, and Tom Hanks wore some pretty hilarious outfits. However, Caroline and I were the only people under 40 in the theatre.



MOVIE #2: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
 Our American version starring Daniel Craig will be coming out in the near future, but this is the original Swedish version. It was pretty much exactly like the book, minus the most boring parts of the novel. Thank goodness.



MOVIE #3: The Adjustment Bureau
Cool story, well-acted, etc. etc. Mostly I just want to be Emily Blunt. And make out with Matt Damon.



MOVIE #4: Just Go With It
Let me tell you, I never in a million years would have watched this if it weren't for all the surprsing positive reviews from friends. Jennifer Aniston, as much as I love her, tends to star in completely shitty movies. And Adam Sandler...well, he's Adam Sandler. So I was pensive. However, I was VERY pleasantly surprised and found myself laughing througout the whole thing. There's one bit that involves an exaggerated German accent and a tale about sheep that had me hyperventilating. So if you were about to discount this one, I'd say check it out.


From middle age romance, to foreign, to thriller romance, to [seemingly] crappy comedy, I covered all my film bases this weekend.

And now, in but three short days, I will be making my maiden voyage to Vegas!
Hurrah!!!

6 comments:

Suget said...

I have not watched any of these movies, but Larry Crowne seems entertaining. I opted out at the last minute to watch Super 8 instead. Have fun in VEGAS!!! I miss it so much that I want to go back.

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

You totally had a movie weekend. I really want to see the new Tom Hanks movie.. :) anytime i see TH's face I think life is like a box of chocolates.

Natalie said...

Ooh I'm glad you liked Just Go With It. I've been wanting to see it but I agree, as great as Jennifer is, some of her movies are not so great. This one sounds hilarious!

Meg O. said...

I don't see why everyone thinks Jennifer Aniston is "so great" - I mean, she's adorable and I love her to pieces but she's the same exact character in EVERY SINGLE MOVIE she's in. I want to see her all gritty and dirty and crazy. I want to see her hair messed up and her to not look perfect.

But, anyway, you really rocked it out with movies! Go you! Have fun in VEGASSSSSS!

Claire Kelly said...

I need to see that Adam Sandler film! Great way to spend a weekend though - you must be a bit of a movie buff haha x

Sara Louise said...

I'm going to spend a whole day at the movies when I'm in Texas. The cinemas near me here are kinda sucky, and mostly in French, so I rarely go.
I'm definitely going to check out The Adjustment Bureau, mostly because I too want to be Emily Blunt and make out with Matt Damon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...