Friday, February 4, 2011

Ice day baking

Since Texans have no idea what to do with ice, many major cities are shut down today.
I am certainly not complaining.

While taking a break from work things, I decided to make some muffins suggested to me by the lovely Courtney. They were perfect for a cold day and made my apartment smell fantastic. Plus, my mom is supposed to come here today [assuming she can ever leave San Antonio and parts of I-10 open up] so I thought it would be nice to have some fresh baked goods for her.


Courtney's Apple Cinnamon Muffins
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup apple sauce [I used the no sugar added kind, but she uses the chunky kind that has bits of apples. I'd probably suggset that]
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
Splash of vanilla [however much you want. I added this in because I always bake with it]

Mix all of that together so it looks like this.


 Drop into your muffin tin


Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, and voila!


They are not super sweet, but they have a great flavor and are super moist. Perfect muffin consistency!

4 comments:

Mama said...

nom nom nom those look delish!

Someone said...

look like love in my mouth

- !! Main St Review !!

Jenni Austria Germany said...

those look AMAZING. i want some. oh and i'm so glad to hear you hate lebkuchen too! disgusting, right?!?! why can't normal cookies exist in europe?!

Rachel said...

oh the yumness! those look incredible!! my family in georgia had a very mini snow this year - the whole town shut down, ha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...