Friday, September 9, 2011

These next few days, I have to pretend like I know what I'm talking about



Tomorrow I leave for my work conference in San Jose!
This will be my first business trip, and it's a solo one. I'm a fan of solitary travel, so no problems there.

BUT this conference is kind of intense.
And I'm taking my boss's spot.
Meaning...I'm signed up at the level that she is on.
Alex < boss

What this means is that there is one session where I am being regarded as a "thought leader."
AKA someone with expertise.
Um. No.
I think you've made a mistake, mon freres!

I'm fairly confident in my abilities, and I know I am decent when it comes to BSing.
So let's hope I can just charm everyone.
Or catch a break and actually have something of value to add to my session.

Le stress.
But le excitement as well.

Oh and apparently I might get offers to go to dinner in San Francisco since people will think I'm some big decision maker or something. For a free meal in San Fran, I'll pretend to be just about anything.
But don't let your mind wander too far.

I think during my one free day, I'm going here:

Credit

That's the Winchester Mystery House.
You may have seen it on the Travel Channel before.
Basically it's a big ol' cray cray house built by a cray cray woman.
There are staircases and doors that lead to nowhere, plus lots of other crazy shiz.
I'm excited.

OR if I can find some sort of shuttle or bus or other mode of transportation that does so, I'd like to go out to Santa Cruz or any other neighboring beachy place.
I miss me some Cali beaches, guys.

All in all, I'm looking forward to my first big girl work experience.
And getting my company to pay for everything.
Cha-ching.

3 comments:

Jenni Austria Germany said...

oh my gosh that sounds like something i would LOVE! the house, not the work conference. i wanna go with you!!

thenerdykatie said...

That's awesome, have fun on your trip!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Have fun sweetie. Did you get to go to the Winchester Mystery House? The place is pretty big and the garden is gorgeous. My friend took me there. I actually posted a couple pictures of the Winchester Mystery House on my blog a few months ago. Have fun in the bay sweetie. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...