Monday, September 20, 2010

Home, sweet home

After my weekend at home, I can add one more item to my "Older than 23" column mentioned in the previous post:

Reading magazines such as Women's Day, Better Homes and Gardens, and Family Circle.

Thanks, mom.

Lovely lady that she is sent me home with a huge stack of these magazines so I could "find cool beauty stuff and bake to my heart's content!"
I'll just pretend that it's ok for a 23 year old to read mom magazines.

It was wonderful being home. I don't see my parents nearly enough for living only about 3 hours away, so I cherish the time I get to spend with them.
My step-brother is being sent to Iraq for the second time, so there was a going away party for him Saturday night. It was such a typical San Antonio family gathering: BBQ, beer, cheap wine [this is mine and my mom's fault], and tejano music. Yes, tejano music. Oh, and let's not forget the women who were voluntarily drinking Smirnoff Ice.
Home time also included bean and cheese breakfast tacos, homemade waffles with strawberries, fajitas [notice the food theme?], shopping, champagne time with the lovely Swampy, and playing rummy with my mom.
The next time I go home our house is going to look completely different, thanks to a huge remodel my mom initiated. This is what happens after retiring, I suppose.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...