Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Change.

If you are at all interested in everything going on right now with Don't Ask, Don't Tell, please go to this link. It is an article and video from MTV that features a good friend of mine.

Danny was discharged from the Marines under this senseless law, despite being one of the most proud Americans and servicemen that I have ever known.
He now works for the Servicemembers Legal Defense Network, and through his journey to repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell has met Lady GaGa and worked with her to spread awareness.

It breaks my heart to think that dedicated men and women, people who live to serve this country of ours, are not allowed to do so simply because of their sexual orientation. The branches of the military pride themselves on commaraderie and unity, yet they cannot find it in themsevles to protect some of their own. I am disgusted, and truly hope that one day SOON [starting today] all servicemembers will be treated EQUALLY.

I don't think I would be able to go back after being so unjustly discriminated against, but Danny can't wait for the day when he can once again wear his uniform. I pray that day comes soon for him and the thousands of others who are owed justice.

2 comments:

Mama said...

Danny is amazing. I'm so proud to know him!

Kaylia Payne said...

that's so horrible, your poor friend. Sometimes I think (and hope) that in 100 years people will look back and think of these times as the Dark Ages

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...