Saturday, May 14, 2011

Two years ago

Has it really been two years since I walked across a big stage in front of a crowd of thousands to receive that expensive piece of paper?


Seems like yesterday.

I can't quite put into words the feeling of melancholy I get when thinking back on college. Lord knows I've spent a lot of time pretending like I'm still in it. But it will never be the same as when I was experiencing it for myself. The mistakes, embarrassments, nights of wreckless abandon, traditions, friends who became family, football games, even the major I hated. They were precious times, I tell you.



This weekend the Class of 2011 graduates from Texas A&M University and goes forth into the world as former students. They have so much to look forward to, yet so much to let go of. Real life is hard, yet beautiful in its own way. I am still resisting, in so many ways, becoming a true "adult," and I can't figure out if this is okay or not.


I feel like I can't be the only one out there who has issues letting go of these memories. Call me pathetic, but I wouldn't mind being stuck in college for a little while longer. Well, only if it meant that upon finally leaving, I'd meet the world with my dream job handed to me and life completely hunky dory. No? Damn.

Congratulations, Class of 2011.

3 comments:

Kaylia Payne said...

I feel the same way!! Well technically I'm still at uni, but I finished my first degree at another one and I miss it so much! So I have decided to go back the year after next. Nothing like living at uni because I'm not ready to grow up :p

Jenni Austria Germany said...

cauuuute bamgs!

ashleyshari2010 said...

I feel the exact same way. Your post may or may not have made me start tearing up a bit...I love this post-grad life but miss the hell out of college at the same time!

I really just want all my friends together in the same city within a five mile radius of each other. And for it to be ok to drink excessive amounts of alcohol six days of the week. And for the hardest thing about my life to be a final exam in finance. And for my afternoons to consist of scrapbooking and getting snow cones and laying out by the pool. I don't understand why this cannot be my real life. Meh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...