Friday, May 6, 2011

Celebrating obscure holidays that have no major significance is what we do best



Does anyone actually know what Cinco de Mayo is celebrated for?
I feel there is a common misconception that it's a shindig to honor Mexican independence, but nay. Basically, it's only imortant to people living in the Mexican state of Puebla.
Seeing as how I live in Houston, TX, there is no real reason we celebrate this besides having a great excuse to eat fajitas, drink margaritas, and celebrate half of my heritage. Plus, I got to amaze everyone with my knowledge of tejano and Selena songs. You don't grow up on a rougher side of San Antonio and NOT know these things.
And trust me after a week of car accidents, financial woes, and general anxiety, a celebration is just what I needed.


As the resident half Mexican, I had no choice but to wear this dress. And celebrate accordingly.

Showing off her mad skillet grilling skills.

Dosarita. Thank you, Snooki, for introducing the world to margarita + beer.

A chihuahua on Cinco de Mayo? Perfection! Yo quiero Taco Bell.

We love being festive.

Showing that celebrations can be had anywhere.




I'd say it was a successful Cinco de Mayo [and let's not forget, Cinco de Ginger] and certainly lifted my spirits.
Viva amigos y margaritas!

5 comments:

a life of color said...

You are to cute!! Looks like you had fun and love the festive dress :)

Nicole Marie said...

dosarito!!!!! i need to make those!!

Liz said...

Looks like so much fun! Love your dress :)

wishful nals said...

love, love, love your dress! looks like so much fun. any reason to drink margaritas + play with chihuahuas is a good one! :)

Meg O. said...

LOL.... love the pic in the shower. Adorably festive dress!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...