Happy Friday, blog world!
Want to know what I've been doing at work this week? Aside from falling asleep on my keyboard yesterday, I have been converting almost 700 [if there was a way to capitalize numbers, I would certainly do that right now] Word documents into PDF. Take a minute to wrap your brain around that. At least you have a brain. I fear mine has turned to complete mush after such a mindless task. In my apartment, my college degree is sobbing.
Here is a little listy of items that have been occupying my mush brain/shennanigans I have been up to as of late:
- Devising ways to get famous. I'm one of those types who secretly YEARNS to be famous and get constant attention. Cat's out of the bag. Fame-attaining ideas this week have included: Caroline and I capturing the Bronx Zoo Cobra and formulating a kick ass plan to make the Houston Rockets a top notch basketball team again. Both would undoubtedly secure us instant fame and appearances on morning talk shows.
- Last night I was forced to walk a mile down a busy street in Houston all by my little lonesome. In a fairly short skirt. And red lip gloss. Fret not, I have not decided to take up a side job as a woman of the night. As it happened, I grew tired of the less-than thrilling Aggie Happy Hour I had been at with boy bff. Not one for patience, I decided to take the situation into my own hands. A mile later I found myself at the home of Courtney and Caroline, where I ate half a pan of brownies and we watched the musical Grey's Anatomy.
- With that in mind: margaritas, pizza, and half a pan of brownies is obviously the dinner of champions.
- Thoughts on musical Grey's Anatomy? Did anyone else giggle every time Owen opened his mouth to sing? We wached with bated breath in anticipation of Christina Yang's musical debut. I think we were all a little relieved when it never happened. Had she belted out in song, I don't know if I could have ever looked at her the same way again.
- Also Grey's related, tiny, barely viable fetuses frighten me.
- A large portion of my workday on Monday was spent reading through my "sent" email folder. Oh boy, what a treasure trove that was. So many revelations and embarrassments. For one, I found that I was a much better, wittier writer pre-21. Secondly, it showed me how DIFFERENT I am today. Not fundamentally, but I certainly have grown up and had key life experiences. Not to mention, I completely gave up on what used to be my ultimate career aspirations. Third, I was disgusted to see how long I let a certain effed up relationship carry on. Time/date stamps don't lie, y'all. Fourth, many smiles/giggles were had over reading emails that helped develop a couple of my very closest friendships today.
- I am completely food motivated. Sad, but true. Or maybe not so sad? Those that follow me on twitter may recall a certain gem from yesterday that exemplifies this statement. Even my best friends judged me for it. [and no this does not involve any sexual favors, drugs, alcohol, bribery, or anything else remotely illegal]
- Ginger boyfriend comes to Houston this weekend. Our schedule is full of food [duh], movies, relaxing times, and several celebrations to partake in.