Monday, March 14, 2011

Lent update

FAIL.
[shocker]

Well, mostly. I have to give myself some credit.

I am proud to say that I have NOT had dessert! Yes, the sky is falling.
I made some scones yesterday [courtesy of a recipe Celeste posted a while back], but I wouldn't count that as a dessert since they are more of a breakfast item and aren't terribly sweet. But oh my, were they good!

Due to Rodeo season, the drinking once a week gig didn't last long. Plus, a margarita with friends is terribly hard to resist. I know, I know, it's all about sacrifice. So sue me.

The going out to eat part isn't something I blatantly tried to fail at. It's just hard to avoid when people specifically ask you to go to lunch or dinner with them.

So yes, I lose. Womp womp.


A shout out to any of you who are on Spring Break: JEALOUSY.
The ginger is frolicking around Panama City Beach, FL right now, and I am so upset that I can't be there. Real life is silly.


I'm thinking that since nothing of terrible importance/excitement is happening right now, I may do some posts this week on times in my life when I WAS doing fun things.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...