Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pet peeves

Being at work with absolutely nothing to do gives me a lot of time to simply sit and think. This can be both a good and bad thing. Today's thoughts led me to pet peeves. I have found that I have several. I don't want to be one of those people who is annoyed by even the slightest things, but my goodness there are just so many things that get to me!

So in the spirit of compaining and whining, here are a few, in no particular order.

1. Being late/other people who are perpetually late.
Meetings, events, celebrations, etc. are scheduled for a reason. Is it that hard to give yourself an appropriate amount of time to get ready and travel to said destination? Extenuating circumstances do not apply to this pet peeve. I'm talking about people who for some reason lack the capacity to ever be on time. If I have to tell you to be somewhere 30 min- 1 hour before its scheduled start time just so you'll make it on time, I'm going to start thinking twice about inviting you at all.

2. Driving slowly in the left hand lane.
I'm sorry, but were you not taught proper driving etiquette? If the speed limit is 70, you probably shouldn't be driving at the speed of an ailing grandmother in a lane where the majority of drivers are going 5-15 miles over the speed limit. And when I speed up behind you and am practically driving on top of your car, maybe that is a sign that you should mosey on over to the other lane. Thank you kindly.

3. Exceedingly long musical interludes.
My patience threshold is not too high. So if I don't hear some singing within 15 seconds of a song starting, you bet I'm going to change the station/move on to the next song on my ipod. I don't have time to sit around for an obnoxiously long instrumental introduction. Instant gratification, please!
*oddly enough, I do enjoy purely instrumental music. But I know what I'm getting myself into with it. If I'm expecting a song to have actual words, they darn well better make an appearance at the get go.*

4. People wearing clothes that don't fit them properly.
I'm not a bitch, I promise. But my eyes just don't enjoy seeing clothing that shouldn't have left the house on that person. They either A)Have GREAT self esteem, in which case I wish I were them B)Don't have a mirror or C)Don't care. How fun it must be to not care! However, I can't keep myself from gasping when you walk by my desk wearing a shirt that looks like it came from a children's store. Different sizes exist for a reason. Heed them!

I am stopping there, for fear that any people who read this and don't know me may start thinking I'm mean spirited. I'm not!
These are just a few things that irk me. Like Jimmy Fallon when he portrays Rob Pattinson...I'm bothered.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...