Monday, March 8, 2010

Sorry James

Finally! Kathryn Bigelow became the first woman to win an Oscar for Best Director (plus she won Best Picture too). What makes her victory even sweeter is that she beat out her ex-husband. Ha! Sorry, James Cameron. You may have made the most expensive movie in history AND topped your last film to make Avatar the highest grossing film of all time, but that doesn't buy you votes from the Academy.

I personally thought The Hurt Locker was an incredible film. It could have easily been brushed aside as just another Iraq war movie, but to me it was much more real. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, completely stressed out.

Was it the least commercially successful Best Picture winner ever? Yes. Should Avatar's cutting edge technology and overwhelming popularity have edged it out for the win? Maybe. But I was pleased with the results. I bet James went home and threw a fit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...