Thursday, December 11, 2014

Travel life-savers

Thanks to a mom with a travel bug and a former job with a very international company, I've done my fair share of traveling over the years. To say it is one of my greatest passions would be an understatement. I love it so much that I up and moved across the world!

While discovering new places is wonderful, the actual act of travel can be a bit stressful, tiring, annoying, or all of the above. A great peer-to-peer car rental company, RelayRides, asked me to share some of my travel must-haves. So here we are!


1. Phone/Kindle/Computer/iPad/etc. charger in your carry on- Nothing worse than a flat phone when all you want to do is check in at the airport before your big trip! Or show your boarding pass. Whatever your priority may be. 

Via


2. Converter- If you're traveling internationally, this is clearly a must. I also keep this in my carry on so I can have it handy in case the checked luggage is delayed.

Via


3. Pen- This may seem like a simple, silly item to list, but it just plain sucks when you don't have one to fill out your customs formly with. As an over prepared traveler and someone who hates waiting in line, I always make sure my customs card gets filled out on the plane so I don't have to waste time doing it in the airport. On another note, if you're a frequent international traveler you should really look into being part of Global Entry. No customs card, no lines, just a quick stop at a machine once you're back in the US and voila! 

Via


4. Cards- For when you're waiting around for an (inevitably) delayed flight or just feel like flogging your partner in your favorite game of cards.

Via


5. Change of clothes or AT LEAST clean undies- Because baggage never gets lost, right? 

Via


6. Pre-packed toiletry case- Such a packing time saver if you already have a toiletry bag ready to go with travel sized items. Bonus: if all the toiletries really are travel sized, you can pop it into your carry on to ensure you have necessities if your luggage doesn't show up! 

Via


7. Plane toiletries- For long overnight flights, it can be really nice to have a bit of a freshen up before sleeping. I like to bring a contact case and solution, glasses, and a mini toothbrush and toothpaste. Deodorant and a brush can't hurt either! 

Via


8. Foldable extra bag- For when you buy lots of American grocery items and there's no way they're going to fit into the luggage you brought with you. Not that I would know. 

Via


Now go forth and have an adventure!



RelayRides provides car rental services from people like you and me! Visit their current airport options here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fresh pair of clothes and my toothbrush is always in my carry on, gotta freshen up after those long flights!

Sienna said...

Currently on a flight with my laptop charging, cannot live without chargers while travleing!

Sienna said...

Currently on a flight with my laptop charging, cannot live without chargers while travleing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...