Thursday, October 28, 2010

A designer obviously doesn't live here

If you are expecting to see photos of an impeccably decorated apartment that belongs in the pages of House Beautiful or Design Sponge, STOP LOOKING NOW.
I am TERRIBLE when it comes to making things pretty. I'd like to think that I have good taste and know a good thing when I see it, but ask me to put it together myself and I'm at a loss. I can read design blogs to my heart's content and never be able to recreate what those geniuses do.

With that said, here is the one part of my abode that is complete: A wall with bookshelves and a TV stand. Thank you, IKEA.


Please disregard the lack of books. I read. A lot. All of the books that have been read are at home in San Antonio, so I plan on bringing them back here in order to make myself look more scholarly.
I still am lacking a couch, though I did buy a coffee table off of Etsy yesterday. It is painted a light brown with a blue top (I promise it's actually cute), so hopefully that will bring a little color into the room. I love white, but I love color way more.




And this picture is just for the sake of the hydrangeas. They were GORGEOUS. Apparently Chester didn't think so, as he had destroyed them by the time I woke up the next morning.
R.I.P. hydrangeas.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I love it. And I think you are a great designer :)

Caroline at Her Own Eden said...

it's super cute and many more cute things to come! i need to finally come see it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...