Sunday, August 22, 2010

Happy Birthday, Haritha!

And the last birthday of the month is my dear, dear Haritha, beloved member of the Fab Four.

We first met our freshman year of high school in Biology and bonded over....something? Haritha, fill me in because my brain isn't functioning properly. But we have been friends ever since, despite going to different colleges and living in different cities for the past five years. She is a brilliant medical student who knows how to have a good time, and one of my favorite people to talk about silly things with.

So here's to you, Mama Puffin AKA my shining star AKA my wonderwall!

This is a terrible picture of us, but it shows how far back we go. We were probably about 17 in this picture. Our group of friends was really innocent, so all we did in high school was go out to eat and shop. I believe at this particular occasion we were at Chilis, where both Haritha and Swampy wrote a note to our waiter telling him he was cute. We did things like this all the time. I know, we were ridiculously cool.



One of our nerdier past time spent together was in HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America). Don't judge, we went to a medical magnet school. The event we competed in was a four-person team event called HOSA bowl; it was basically like jeopardy, but medically related. I know, we just keep getting cooler! Here we are at one of our competitions, obviously working really hard.


Senior prom, crammed into our 24 person limmo.


High school graduation, ready to depart to our rival schools.


A Fab Four tradition during college was to get together during our Christmas breaks to eat dinner and have ice cream at Marble Slab. This was our first one, freshman year of college.




Haritha went to school in Austin, so as soon as all of us were 21 (wait...I take that back. We weren't all 21...certain other people used dishonest means to get into bars!) we took on 6th Street. We had THE best time.



To this day, whenever we're all in town together (and by all, I mean whenever I come in town since they all live in San Antonio now) we still honor our tradition. Don't know what I would do without these girls!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HARITHA!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...