Thursday, August 19, 2010

Food, psychics, and questionable living situations

I figured everyone needed a reprieve from my endless birthday postings. I apologize for being such a typical girl and having so many "OMG I love this person happy birthdaaaay!" posts. At the moment, I am lacking other material so I must work with what I have!

Despite people honoring their days of birth this month, other things have been going on. For one, I've been using my kitchen quite frequently. My culinary efforts have included banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting, chocolate chip banana cookies (what can I say, I had a lot of old bananas laying around), Mexican tuna salad, queso fresco/green chili grilled cheese sandwich, mashed potatoes, and THE MOST AMAZING PASTA. Mexican tuna salad and the grilled cheese sandwhich turned out to be DISASTERS. Apparently I am no good at preparing meals that relate to half my culture, even if one of those things is a grilled cheese sandwich. Who the hell messes up a grilled cheese sandwich? However, that pasta was so good that I keep dreaming about it. I didn't use two of the key ingredients (tequila and cilantro) because I just didn't have any, but it still turned out delicious. GO MAKE IT NOW.

As for psychics...despite part of me thinking psychics and their revelations are all full of bullshit, another part of me has always wanted to talk to one just for grins. My dear Swampy (of birthday post fame below) recently had a Hindu psychic analyze her life based soley on her date, time, and place of birth. For never having met her, a lot of what he had to say was preeeetty accurate. Intrigued, I obviously had to ask if she'd pass on my info to him. My life is kinda mehhh right now, so I'm interested in what mr. psychic has to say. If he can direct me on a life path, I'd be much obliged. I'll keep you posted.

On questionable living situations: Have I mentioned that one of my roommates is an ex boyfriend? No, I'm not making this stuff up. Basically, I was pretty sure I was going to get this job in Houston but DIDN'T because that's always how my life works. I hadn't taken any time to find a new place even though my lease was up in my old house, so I was in a bit of a pickle when said job fell through. Enter ex boyfriend. He and another friend of mine had a three bedroom apartment and were looking for a third roommate so that rent would be cheaper. Enter Alex. I am aware that this is a bit untraditional, but I feel this speaks volumes about our maturity. Even Aaron didn't care. Can't say I'd feel the same way if he were to live with an ex girlfriend. Sometimes I really do wish I was a dude. So lately my evenings have consisted of eating dinner and then watching tv with my ex while he vents to me about women problems. Hey, it works.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...