I'm addicted to sweets, and I don't use the word addiction lightly. If I could eat desserts for the rest of my life instead of real food, I would. I also enjoy baking said sweets, and am always looking for an excuse to do so. However, Aaron doesn't eat sweets (whaaaaa?? I know.) and I have enough will power to know that I can't eat a batch of cookies, a whole cake/pie/etc by myself. So whenever the opportunity presents itself to bake for someone else, I latch on! These cookies were the result of my latest baking adventure. I've been very hard pressed to find chocolate chip cookies that rival my mom's, but I think these almost do the job. I have made two batches already.
I just started doing P90X for the second time, so I unfortunately now have to steer clear of all things sweet and delicious. Curses!
Chocolate Chip Puddin’ Cookies
(recipe from here)
2 sticks Butter, softened
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla (I used about 2 because I LOVE vanilla)
2 1/4 cups AP Flour (I used a bit more...depends on how "fluffy" you want them)
1 Vanilla Pudding (3.4oz) Mix, (or any flavor)
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Chocolate Chips
preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Cream the butter and sugars together, about three minutes. Next add the eggs (one at a time) and the vanilla if using.
2. In a separate bowl combine the flour, dry pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
3. Add the chocolate chips and combine again.
4. Prepare your baking sheet with either pan spray or parchment paper. Scoop out tablespoon sized scoops and roll in a ball, having at least 1.5 inch space between each cookie.
5. Bake 8 minutes and remove from the oven. Let cool on the baking sheet 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack
They are super moist and almost have a cakey texture. SO SO SO GOOD. Go make them and then eat one...or 20.