It may have lasted all day long, but I had a blast being a bridesmaid in an Indian wedding for the following reasons:
1. Copious amounts of delicious Indian food
2. The most gorgeous sari that I want to wear every day [but can't because there's no way I can get it on by myself]
3. The best hair and makeup job I've ever had in my life
4. All the colors and vibrant traditions
5. The sheer uniqueness of it all
6. The FIREWORKS SHOW
7. The food trucks that came in from Austin
8. The delicious cupcakes
9. The speech I got to give even though I cried my way through it
10. The fact that it was for one of my best friends :)
The venue was gorgeous, the bride wore three different outfits, there was a choreographed Bollywood dance, and we danced our little hearts out until 11 pm even though it was on a Sunday.
I'd say the exhaustion was well worth it to be able to share such a special day with my Fab Four girls.
Here's to another Indian wedding in February!