Tuesday, February 16, 2010

New York, I love you

I've never been a Texas girl, even though I was born and raised here. I like to think that New York City captured my heart on my first trip there, when I was only 10 months old. I've been back several times since and I hold to the fact that it is the greatest city on earth. Hands down. It is the epicenter of culture, art, entertainment, and LIFE. I've really been itching to go there these past couple of weeks, probably because of this blog and this one too. (Both awesome ladies who I'd love to be more like).


Here are just a few of the reasons why I love NYC:



Frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity 3. Ice creamy hot chocolate? Yes, please.




Cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery. As a lover of basically every cupcake I have ever eaten, this place is heaven. The one in the West Village is the best.




The Met. I could spend hours just wandering around amidst the priceless pieces of art.





Central Park. Not just your average park. I mean hey, there's a zoo in it. And this adorable little duck.





The subway system. It's cheap and easy. And plus, when it's empty there are lots of places to run around and dance.






Rice to Riches. If the name isn't clear enough, they sell nothing but gourmet rice pudding. It's probably one of the best places in the world. This is cheesecake flavor, I believe. I'm sure there is more than one location, but the one I know of is on Spring St. between Mulberry and Mott.




Lombardi's Pizza, conveniently located across the street from Rice to Riches. They boast being voted the best pizza in NYC. It is certainly delicious, but my favorite is Grimaldi's in Brooklyn.



Yes, many of my featured favorite things are food. I love food. This is no secret. If I lived in NYC I'd probably weigh 500 pounds. I don't even think all the walking would counteract the food intake. Regardless, I love this city with a passion.

Sometimes I wish I'd just grow balls and move there.
content="Word.Document">


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...