Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Holy Music


Let it be known: The Vatican has released its chioces for the ten best albums of all time. I don't know about you, but when I think about authorities on music, The Vatican is definitely foremost in my mind. However, regardless of how odd it may seem that somewhere there is a committee in the Vatican who spends their time ranking music, I do agree with their top choice. It's pleasing to know that the Holy See enjoys the Beatles as much as I do. I may not see eye to eye with the Church on many issues, but this is something the Pope and I can shake hands about.
Can you imagine him singing along to "Yellow Submarine?"
Rounding out the list were:
  • Pink Floyd- The Dark Side of the Moon
  • Oasis- (What's the Story) Morning Glory
  • Michael Jackson- Thriller
  • U2- Achtung Baby
  • Fleetwood Mac- Rumours
  • Donald Fagen- The Nightfly
  • Carlos Santana- Supernatural
  • Paul Simon- Graceland
  • David Crosby-If I Could Only Remember my Name

In the past, the Vatican also created an official playlist. I am not lying when I say that it includes Muse, Fleet Foxes, and...wait for it...Tupac. Listen to it here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...