Friday, September 25, 2009

Fatty

With ample time on my hands, I felt it was high time I took up some sort of hobby. Sure, I like to read, I enjoy the OCCASIONAL work out, but I have never had any sort of hobby, per say. In fact, I think the only solid hobby I ever really had was my 10 year stint as a dancer. So in an attempt to diversify daily activities, I recently took up baking. I figured, hey, I have an abnormal appreciation for all things sweet, so maybe if I start producing said sweets it would make me want to stop gorging on them. Wishfull thinking. I'm real good at that. As you can imagine, baking has only amplified my love of desserts. Now, I'm just so damn proud of myself for my culinary efforts that I cannot help partaking in my creations (and any other foodstuff with a high sugar content). Before I get too carried away with my new-found baking abilities, I must stress that I don't actually imagine up any of these recipes myself. I use my new strictly dessert cookbooks as well as the most fabulous website I have ever been shown. I have been known to browse this website for hours. That is no exaggeration. I find going through each and every recipe to be rather cathartic. At this moment in my life, I have found that it is the simple things that make me the most happy. If you couldn't tell, I'm trying out this positivity stuff. So while my new hobby has failed to kick my sugar addiction, at least I have something new to add to the daily routine.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...