Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The measures a crazy cat lady must take

When I found out a Cat Cafe was opening in Melbourne, I added it to the many reasons why my move to this city was meant to be. 

I'd of course heard of the Cat Cafes of Asia where patrons happily sip lattes while patting friendly felines. Obviously this sounded like a dream to me.

Yours truly booked (yes, you must book to visit the cafe) a time with the kitties straight away, as absence from my beloved Chester and Henry was starting to weigh heavily on me. 

Because of Australia's strict food service laws, this is not your typical cats-all-over-the-tables-and-on-your-lap-while-enjoying-coffee Cat Cafe. Instead, there were separate rooms upstairs where the cats roamed freely and waiters brought you vending machine coffee from downstairs. Not fancy, but whatever, I was finally around cats! 







It was lovely being able to socialize with my favorite animal, but I'll be the first to say that this was a weird place to go solo. I felt like a creepy woman wandering around from cat to cat, taking pictures here and there. As everyone else was there in a group or with at least one other person, I stuck out like a sore thumb. 

Lesson learned: Bring a friend.

This might be the most pathetic blog post I have ever written.

The end.

Meow.

1 comment:

Alexandra Anne said...

I didn't know ya'll had a Cat Cafe!! I think the only one in the US right now is in NYC. My goal is to someday open one in the south! I live in Alabama so that's where I would like to have mine :)

I'm jealous you got to go to one! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...