Monday, October 6, 2014

Around Hamilton Island...and that time I cuddled a koala

When we weren't cruising out to white sand beaches or snorkeling in waters I was sure I'd be attacked by a shark in, we spent lots of time just exploring the island.




There was even a nice hike up to a lookout point that provided 360 degree views of the island.











Aaaand then I fulfilled my dream of cuddling a koala. 

Her name was Lola, and she was a sweet 18 month old tiny girl. Her sleepy little face was just the cutest!

I wish this moment had lasted more than 30 seconds, but alas there was a line of other people after the same experience.



Shortly after this picture was taken, I proceeded to pick up pretty much every shell on the beach. Apologies for the lack of shells, Hamilton Island.


2 comments:

Sienna said...

stop. i'md ying. i've never been so jealous in my life. i AM OBSSSESSED WITH KOALAS. ahhhh too much adorableness in this picture

Amanda said...

Ahhh I've been to Australia a handful of times and still haven't held a koala. It's just too expensive, the queues too long and, and... fuck I think I just need to do it next time! Also, I love when at the end of a long hike you get beeeeautiful views. The best.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...