Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hut party- An Australian cultural experience

Ever heard of a hut party?

I hadn't until I met Will. As soon as I heard epic stories about these fantastical events, I knew I needed to experience one for myself. 

Basically, it is not uncommon for farms to have special little wooden huts that are used for parties. So everyone goes out to the hut, eats, drinks, dances around, then camps out. Just a simple country good time!

This particular hut party was quite an international event. There was me, our German housemate, Veri, a Spanish friend, Ane, and two British girls. I'd say we all felt sufficiently Australian afterward!










2 comments:

Sara Louise said...

The horse is a lovely touch ;)

Sara Louise said...

The horse is a lovely touch ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...