A recent trip home led me to some old photo albums containing horribly embarrassing pictures of me in really cool places.
My mom and I traveled a lot when I was a kid, which I am eternally thankful for.
Because I was too technologically challenged to figure out how to work the scanner, I went the ghetto route and took pictures of the pictures.
So behold, 14 [or maybe 15] year old Alex in Peru. Don't mind the bad hair and weird posing.
I need to go back ASAP because:
1) It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen
2) I want to hike up to Machu Picchu this time
3) I need to redeem myself by taking better photos
|Straddling an ancient rock...because how else would I pose with it? Standing is too simple.|
|I even wore cool hats!|
|Ok, this might actually be in Bolivia. But check out that awesome hair.|
|Oh don't mind me; I'm just in the rain forest clasping my hands together. You'll see this pose reoccur.|
|It's cut off...but hand clasp|
|Aaand an intense hand/wrist clasp for good measure|
What you may learn from this post:
1) Peru is beautiful
2) Teenagers have a strange idea of what looks good
3) The hand clasp pose should be avoided at all costs