Monday, May 21, 2012

Want to see some awkward pics of me as a teen?


A recent trip home led me to some old photo albums containing horribly embarrassing pictures of me in really cool places. 

My mom and I traveled a lot when I was a kid, which I am eternally thankful for.

Because I was too technologically challenged to figure out how to work the scanner, I went the ghetto route and took pictures of the pictures.

So behold, 14 [or maybe 15] year old Alex in Peru. Don't mind the bad hair and weird posing.

I need to go back ASAP because:
1) It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen
2) I want to hike up to Machu Picchu this time
3) I need to redeem myself by taking better photos

Straddling an ancient rock...because how else would I pose with it? Standing is too simple.
I even wore cool hats!

Ok, this might actually be in Bolivia. But check out that awesome hair.

Oh don't mind me; I'm just in the rain forest clasping my hands together. You'll see this pose reoccur.
Hand clasp

1. What the hell is that shirt? 2) Why do I have my jeans rolled up like that?! I think maybe it got hot houtside. 3) TALL SOCKS 4) Hair clips on both sides...no 5) Why am standing so awkwardly far away from my mom? 6) Oh but Machu Picchu is pretty cool back there

It's cut off...but hand clasp

Aaand an intense hand/wrist clasp for good measure


What you may learn from this post:

1) Peru is beautiful
2) Teenagers have a strange idea of what looks good
3) The hand clasp pose should be avoided at all costs

9 comments:

HowdyFromNYC said...

That is awesome. All of it. Here's to taking hand clasp pictures this coming weekend :)

Sandra said...

Those pics aren't so bad! And I think parents giving their kids the travel bug is one of the best things they can do!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Hahahaha! Love the photos! Trust me, I know "the hand clasp" very well! Too funny!
And my ninth grade photo sports those very same hair clips (one on each side of my head)!
Love it! :)

Nicole Marie said...

hahaha.... i hate looking at teenage photos of myself, like seriously what was i thinking, and why didn't my mother tell me

ashleyshari2010 said...

Bahahah this is great. I'm laughing out loud at work. We should compare childhood photos sometime. Oh the horror...

Sara Louise said...

Nothing more awkward than an early teen girl. I'm pretty sure I can find some photos of me with my jeans rolled up like that and standing in a strange pose. Just thinking of me at that age makes me shudder.

Jenni Austria Germany said...

WHOA. looks nothing like you!

Sienna said...

haha i love this. isn't the teenage awkward stage the worst? i swear I've burned all the pics from mine. but these pics are incredible, what an amazing adventure!!!

Anonymous said...

this is so cool you went there though!!! im dying to check i out sometime!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...