Last month I got to take my coolest work trip to date....a week and a half in Singapore [and a couple days in Malaysia].
Even better, Will was able to fly from Melbourne to meet me for a few days of vacation! International rendezvous? Check.
Things of note:
1. Business class is ridiculous. That was probably the first and last time I will ever fly it, and my heart is sad.
2. Singapore is the most IMMACULATE place I have ever been. It is clean, clean, clean.
3. It is also the most expensive place I've ever been. I thought Australia was bad, but that's nothing compared to Singapore. Average cost for a drink was $15!!!
4. The food. So.much.good.food. But I was also guilty of eating at McDonald's...twice.
5. Malaysia is basically a big palm tree jungle.
6. There may or may not be an establishment well known for employing ladies of the night. We may or may not have gone there as a joke. It may or may not have been absolutely hilarious and also very troubling.
7. Rooftop bars are a thing there. I am not complaining.
8. Will and I rented an apartment off of Airbnb in a cool little neighborhood. There was a bar below us called "Coq and Balls". It may have taken me a few minutes to get it.
|My friend and I ate the whole thing. It was HUGE, so this is impressive.|
|The Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur.|
|SEVEN STORY MALL. And this isn't even the biggest one in Malaysia.|
|The one picture from the ladies of the night establishment. The music was at least good, and we did make other Aussie friends who were there for the same reason we were [extreme people watching].|
If I wasn't moving to Australia, I'd move to Singapore in a heartbeat!
[Oh, did I never mention that first part before?]
It is an expat's paradise. Perhaps I'll make my way up there at some point!